Friday, June 18, 2010

A day in Lima

After 18 hours of travel - I made it to Lima. Needless-to-say, I am beat. Tonight I will get a full nights rest in preparation of a really full two weeks ahead.

Today was spent organizing our supplies and readying for the teams arrival on Saturday. Thankfully, HBI's trusted staff of Ben, Daniel and Karen have been busy going all over Lima to get supplies and nail down our last minute details. They have done a fantastic job ensuring that we are ready to make the most of the next week.

One thing has really got my mind preoccupied . . . on Wednesday of next week my two little ladies will be joining the team in Peru. Lee and Alexandra are flying down (thankfully in FIrst Class) to spend a full week in Peru. They will join the team in Kawai with HBI and then we will fly together to Arequipa. This is super exciting for me - as I really miss them so much.


In addition, Alexandra will get to meet her name sake (Father Alex) in Arequipa. We are all really looking forward to this meeting and the time that we will get to spend together.

Tomorrow I will post a few photos from our teams first day in Lima. You get to see what goes into the "behind the scenes" planning for a two week medical, dental and social outreach campaign. For now, be rest assured - the work does not ever seem to end.

Thank you for all of your support of HBI and the people of Peru.

No comments: