Tuesday, April 20, 2010

On the way to Peru

I am on my way back to Peru. Every time I make this trip (I almost always take the same route now – I consolidate my miles into one mileage plan), it feels like I a going home. This trip, however, is bitter sweet. I can’t help but feel a bit of unease as I leave my two favorite ladies yet again.

This month is really full for travel and means that I will be away from them much more than I will actually be with them – that is hard. Alas, HBI has a big project going on this week and I need to direct my attention to assuring that everything goes smoothly.

This year’s conference is different on a number of levels – but the most dominant difference is the size of the endeavor. This year we hope to have over 150 participants in the two-day conference. Equally, we are partnering for the first time with Arequipa’s largest regional medical center (Goyeneche Hospital).

The speakers are scheduled (pending any unforeseen volcanic eruptions in the southern hemisphere) to arrive on Thursday and the HBI team has been busy getting all of the last minute preparations together. I arrive in Arequipa tomorrow morning (April 21) and will hit the ground running – with a meeting scheduled first thing.

I will be posting frequent updates and photos from the conference over the next few days. Please keep your fingers crossed and send good thoughts for a great conference and safe travels for all of our participants and speakers.

As always, thank you for your support of HBI.

No comments: